Thursday, May 26, 2005

The dumbest waitress ever

Sorry for the lack of posts. My boss has been on vacation, and I have had to run the show. Plus, I have been working overtime trying to get the hobbit fired. So far, no luck. Add to that the fact that my daughter made all-stars in softball, and I was named a coach, and there is absolutely no free time in my life right now. I know, cry me a fucking river.

Today, I had an experience that I just had to share. I do believe I may have found one of the dumbest waitresses in America. This is one of those restaurants where you pay at the counter, then they bring your food out. My total was $8.06. I had a ten dollar bill, and didn't want all that change. Unfortunately, I didn't have a nickel, so I gave her a dime and a penny. She was absolutely lost. I finally told her the change just to get the line moving.

My two buddies and I go sit down and wait for our food. After a few minutes, she comes out with a tray with our sandwiches. There were only about 6 tables with people at it, and we were the only ones without food. That didn't prevent the confusion. She ended up going to some other table where two guys were sitting. I couldn't hear the conversation, but obviously they were trying to tell her that it wasn't their order. I think the fact that there were three sandwiches on the tray for two people might have clued her in. Either that, or maybe the fact that the two guys were already eating might have helped.

The best was yet to come. My friend finally yelled out to her to come over. She sees us, and heads over. My buddy and I both got a French dip, while the other guy got something else. She gives us the sandwiches, and tells us the turkey club is on its way. We all had sandwiches, and tried to tell her we didn't order a turkey club. She gets confused, and then asks if these are our coffees. Now it was our turn to be confused, until I realized she was talking about the little bowls of au jus for the French dips. I told her that wasn't coffee, it was for the French dips. At this point, she gets all indignant, and says "Well, I think I would know coffee if I saw it." I said, "Yeah, you would think," and just told her they were ours.

Normally, I wouldn't make fun of the stupid. OK, yes I would, but at least I would feel bad about it. However, when you get all bitchy about it, when you are an obvious dumbass, then all bets are off. At this point, we start asking for cream and sugar for the coffee, asking if we can get free refills, wondering where the handles on the coffee cups were, that sort of thing. I have a feeling she won't be lasting long at that place.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hey, I know her! She's a busy girl. I've had her waiting on me at about sixteen different restaurants here in the valley. I didn't know that she was in Tucson too.

I can't believe she gave you attitude. Being an idiot only works if you acta ll helpless and shit. Then guys give big tips because... well just because. You know.

Umbrella said...

I know. We even made the comment that she wasn't even good looking. Hell, if you want to screw up the order to this level, at least have a nice ass or something.