Tuesday, July 26, 2005

The Hobbit Update

Remember the hobbit? I posted about him here, here, and here. So far my attempts to get him fired have been fruitless. I am convinced he has pictures of someone important in a compromising position.

He has been told constantly about his late arrivals. We now have a policy that everyone has to be in by 10:00. Why? Because he never comes in until the afternoon. This policy has been in effect for about a month. During that time, he has come in before 10:00 twice. Twice! That is it.

My director had a talk with him last week, telling him to get it together. So take a guess what time he shows up, the first day after being talked to? 10:42. My boss is the biggest pussy in the world. He won't fire him, and the hobbit knows this.

Consider the fact that the hobbit is also the most annoying fuck on the planet, asks questions about EVERYTHING, and is worthless, and you can understand why I want him fired. The questions thing has become a running joke around the office. He asks questions that don't need to be asked. He is the true antithesis of the statement, "There is no such thing as a stupid question."

Just yesterday, I overheard this conversation between him and one of our co-workers.
Hobbit: I am going to Office Max, does anyone need anything?
Co-Worker: Could you pick up a couple of rolls of tape?
H: Scotch tape or packing tape?
CW: Now when have you ever seen me use packing tape?
H: How many do you need?
CW: (getting frustrated) Let's see, last time I checked, a couple meant two.
H: Do you want the dispensers, or just the refills?
CW: Shut the fuck up Bilbo, and just get me the goddamned tape!

Multiply this conversation about 100 times per day, and you will understand why we have such a short fuse with him.

I am keeping a spreadsheet on what time he shows up since he had his talk. At this point, I don't care if it makes me a snitch. I want him gone.

No comments: