Thursday, February 19, 2009

Retarded experiments, the day after

Well that was interesting. My mother used to always say that boredom was the sign of a weak mind. In other words, find something to do. So while I was sitting at home, I decided to see what would happen if I combined an all day bender with no food. Kind of like a science experiment. It takes a lot to get me drunk. I can go all day if I maintain a steady pace, and just keep a nice buzz going. Will the lack of food change things? I would say let's go to my notes, I gave up on my notes early.

So for anyone who wants to try this at home, here are my observations. First of all, the buzz came much quicker than normal. Granted, I was drinking bourbon first thing in the morning, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. However, it took quite some time before I felt shitfaced. This surprised me. It was probably about 6:00 before I really felt drunk. However, when the drunk hit, it hit hard. That was probably the drunkest I've been in several years. It's been a long time since the bed was spinning.

Interestingly, I didn't feel hungry all day. It wasn't until I went to bed that I felt hungry, but I didn't want to get up. Also, I woke up in the middle of the night starving, and with bad chest pains. I'm assuming this was some sort of indigestion. Either that, or I had a heart attack.

Amazingly, I'm not in too bad of shape today. I have a splitting headache, but after a little breakfast and coffee, I'm not on top of my game, but I'm certainly functional.

So my conclusion is that short term, it doesn't make much of a difference. However, by the end of the day, you will definitely feel the effects.

1 comment:

Paul E. King said...

A+ for effort! I was gonna say something obnoxious like "Experiment? In college I called that a slow Tuesday", but then you already know that Im an alcoholic so thats not funny...

Also, I applaud your efforts in finding good blogs. If I see another photo of a lake in Minnesota or a bad poem I'm gonna burn down the internet. Trust me, its possible....