Friday, February 06, 2009

Tampon jokes + Eazy E reference = Golden Umbrella award

Folks, it's that time again. I am marvelling at my own consistency for keeping this up for two consecutive weeks. Yes, it is Friday's awarding of the Golden Umbrella award.

I think I sold myself short last week by comparing it to the Golden Globes. I think it is actually bigger than the Nobel Prize. Seriously, think about it. The winner of the Golden Umbrella doesn't have to fly across the world and spend several hours in a monkey suit surrounded by pretentious assholes just to get the award. As far as I'm concerned, you can accept it drunk in your underwear. The defense rests.

Before I get to the winner, I have some announcements to make. Paul, last week's inaugural winner, showed what true champions are made of. Not only did he make a nice speech, he upgraded my award. Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Since my HTML/Photoshop skills are horrible, I'm stealing his work. That's what the interwebs are about, right?


This is me while trying to do that fancy blogging

So thanks to the efforts of Paul, I'm going to add a new requirement to the winners. Before I add you to my esteemed 'Winners of "Umbrella's Blogs That Don't Suck" award (AKA the Golden Umbrella)' list, you must make an acceptance speech in the comments section. I don't care if it's as simple as "Thanks" or "You suck", or you want to express your views on the forced occupation of Tibet. It's your moment of glory, and as the winner, I know you have the ability to string a few words together to form an interesting/funny/ridiculous thought.

Without further ado, let's get to this week's winner. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time going through blogs, and the success rate has been very poor. However, I found one that has Golden Umbrella potential. This weeks winner is GynaGirl, author of The Wacky Adventures of GynaGirl. GynaGirl was a tax collector, but gave up that life of gluttony to make the world a better place by becoming a nurse. That act of philanthropy is why she is this week's winner.

Yeah right. I could care less if she ate babies. She wins because she brings the awesome to her posts. Tampon jokes? Check. Poop references? Check. Plus, she's a musician, which will automatically earn bonus points. My only complaint is that she doesn't post very frequently. I guess she is choosing quality over quantity. Whatever, I was not put on this earth to question genius. I was put here to find it, and spread it to the masses.

So congratulations GynaGirl. Please stop by and accept the new and improved Golden Umbrella award.




How can you turn down something with "Prestigious" in it?



2 comments:

gynagirl said...

Now I know why there was a reason I was stretching my vagina to uncomfortable proportions. The universe works in mysterious ways. This is my lame attempt for an acceptance speech.

While baby meat is tender, babies are mostly made of water and make a good roast, but really, who has the time to make a roast these days? I changed my profession to help the world and to make a difference. I hope to visit 3rd world countries and help out the less fortunate as long as they keep their face flies away from me & don’t touch me with their diseased and germy poor hands. Seriously, I kid, I only use toddler meat for my carnitas and poor people are either going to die or reproduce more poor people so, why bother?

I am humbled and grateful for this award. I am also glad to find an other soul is isn’t easily offended, who appreciates a good old fashion dookie anecdote, Eazy-E references, and a hot pic of Alex Lifeson’s camel toe as much as I do. Thanks for the award!

-Gynagirl

Paul E. King said...

haha, yes! the inter-web is all about thievery! id say only about 1 out of every 10 pictures on my blog are NOT stolen! glad you enjoyed my upgrade to your award.

Uncanny Sidenote: I was drunk and in my underwear when I wrote my acceptance speech.!!