Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Holy Shit!!! A Golden Umbrella winner!

I've been having mixed emotions about the Golden Umbrella award recently. Finding a good blog in this wide wide world of webs is like trying to pick corn out of shit. I was going to take this analogy further, but I didn't like where it was going.

The point is, it's really hard to find good blogs. So instead of making this a Friday feature, I'm just going to give them out when I find them. And amazingly, I found a worthy recipient.

The latest winner (man, it is hard not to type "weekly winner") comes to us by way of Minnesota. She likes bacon, yoga, and sports. I like bacon and sports, and maybe I would like yoga if I didn't have an innate fear of farting during a particularly difficult pose, ala Johnny Knoxville. She also is a fan of naming people in the mode of Blanky McBlankerson, of which I am frequently guilty. Jess is the author of the very coolly named blog I Was Told There Would Be Bacon. Like all the other winners, this has no theme, just her somewhat warped view on life around her, with an emphisis on her bathroom at work. A worthy recipient.

So Jess, here are the rules that we've come to admire. In order to be added to my esteemed 'Winners of "Umbrella's Blogs That Don't Suck" award (AKA the Golden Umbrella)' list, you must make an acceptance speech in the comments section. It would also be nice to proudly display this accomplishment on your website. This isn't required, but why in the hell wouldn't you? It's accepted as the biggest accomplishment in interweb history, and probably North American history as well. But don't ask me how to do it, because I'm retarded. Enjoy!

Ah, the long lost award is back

1 comment:

Jess said...

Are Golden Umbrellas used for Golden Showers? Because I'm not into that shit. *sigh* I've said that more times in life than any person really should.

Normally, I'm against blog awards. However, since there's no chain-letter/meme/Facebook-tagging catch that says I have to now bestow the award to five other bloggers, I shall humbly accept.

(It doesn't hurt that I get to post a picture of urinals, either, quite frankly.)

*sniff* I think I have something in my eye ...